Acai Amazing // Venice Beach Discovery
For years I've heard about the superfood Acai and I finally jumped on the bandwagon. I had my first acai bowl after discovering it at Great White in Venice Beach. I've been addicted and have had one everyday ever since. The best part is that it's full of antioxidants that fight against free radicals and helps with the immune system.
The epic acai bowl I had included: bananas, blueberries, strawberries, granola [with dried fruit], and e3 live algae. I wanted to recreate the goodness plus add my own twist and share the recipe on the blog.
The ingredients I used mostly came from Trader Joe's and a DEAL with how much it costs for a four pack of frozen acai [$4.49 - other places/online at least $8 for a single pack!].
- Unsweetened Acai Puree - 1 pack
- Chia Seeds - 1/2 tablespoon
- Unsweetened Sprouted Rice Dream - 2 tablespoons
- Fresh Strawberries cut in quarters - placed in a container and kept in the freezer, 1 tablespoon
- Fresh blueberries - 1 tablespoon
- Frozen pack of wildberries - 1/2 tablespoon
- Ripe bananas - 1/4 banana
- Gluten free granola - 1 tablespoon
Mix it all together in a bowl, so easy and it takes only five minutes to prep.
The biggest thing for me was to keep the fresh and tropical taste of the fruit - so I made sure to mix sliced bananas and blueberries after adding the frozen ones. I also wanted to limit the sugar content by keeping the acai and rice milk unsweetened while adding only a tablespoon of granola to each serving. It may seem like there's too much fruit, however having natural sugar instead of processed sugar is healthy choice for me if you knew how I usually eat. Let me know how you like the recipe!