Winter Is Coming - Coats 30% Off
J. Crew Stadium Cloth Cocoon Coat [SIMILAR - $40] | sz 0P • J. Crew Perfect Fit Long Sleeve T-Shirt [Also seen HERE] | sz XXS • Joe's Skinny Ankle Jeans | sz 25P • Sperry's Ankle Boots [Also seen HERE and HERE] | sz 5
Winter is coming and that's not just a line from Game of Thrones—it seems as if I was just blogging about autumn leaves and pumpkins and all of sudden Thanksgiving is just around the corner! I've decided that since the chilly weather is almost upon us, I might as well share and review my favorite winter coats for the season.
ANDI: Old Navy Toddler Peacoat [$39] • BooHoo Jeans [$14] • Arizona Long Sleeve Tee [$7.99] • Toddler Ankle Boots [$19.99] • JASPER: J. Crew Stadium Cloth Cocoon Coat [SIMILAR - $40] | sz 0P • J. Crew Perfect Fit Long Sleeve T-Shirt [Also seen HERE] | sz XXS • Joe's Skinny Ankle Jeans | sz 25P • Sperry's Ankle Boots [Also seen HERE and HERE] | sz 5
1. J.Crew Majesty Peacoat [Picture below in Royal Blue or HERE] [SIMILAR - $60] | 30% OFF • 2. Banana Republic Melton Buttoned Top Coat [SIMILAR - $42] | 40% OFF • 3. J.Crew Belted Zip Trench [SIMILAR - $67] | 30% OFF • 4. J.Crew Double Cloth Belted Trench [SIMILAR - $60] | 30% OFF • 5. FCUK Cut Away Wool Coat [SIMILAR - $30] • 6. J.Crew Stadium Cloth Cocoon Coat [SIMILAR - $40] | 30% OFF
2. Banana Republic Melton Buttoned Top Coat—Obviously, I always love the blazer look. When I tried the 00P at the store it was still loose around certain areas. However, it is expected with it's boxy fit and I like it as it reminds me of putting on one of my hubby's coats. I like the versatility with this piece as it can be worn to work or casually.
3. J.Crew Belted Zip Trench—Let's just say how amazing this coat looks. I haven't tried it in the store yet, but the features I like about it is the asymmetrical double zipper [similar to the cocoon coat], high collar [a must for windy weather], and of course that belt that accents the waist to add a little bit of femininity. Clearly this piece is an offspring as I see features from both the Majesty Peacoat and Cocoon Coat.
4. J.Crew Double Cloth Belted Trench—This coat is as traditional as they come. If you are looking for simple with a subtle chic style, it's this coat. I love it's oversized cognac buckle, lapels, and tortoise buttons! What I like is that this isn't the typical double breasted trench, the tortoise buttons are hidden when buttoned up, showing a clean and tailored look.
5. FCUK Cut Away Wool Coat—I have been looking for an asymmetrical coat with leather accents and oversized lapels [a perfect shield in the Windy City] and I finally found it nonchalantly perusing the racks. I am one lucky girl [I've literally been searching for a year]! I actually bought it in black and a size 2 [unfortunately, the smallest size FCUK carries but I am planning on getting it tailored]. The wool fabric is thick and a great quality. It's different from all my other coats and love it's edgy look.
6. J.Crew Stadium Cloth Cocoon Coat—Last, but certainly not least is my featured piece that will be inducted to my collection of my go to coats. I decided to wear it on a stroll around the park one day [in which I almost underestimated the weather and could have ended up as a popsicle] and cocoon describes this piece perfectly as it kept me warm without bulk. At the store I tried it in three different sizes and ended up with the 0P. As mentioned in the Majesty Peacoat review, the sizes are running bigger at J.Crew [the sleeves and length of 00 felt too long,.as seen below] I had planned on getting the 00P as it was the best fit, however I felt the sleeves were too short and wanted it slightly longer. The 0P was the plausible size to get as it had the same length as the 00P and the sleeves hit right below the wrist. In the end I was very happy with the size I chose and my purchase—can't you tell by the shots below?
J. Crew Stadium Cloth Cocoon Coat | sz 0P • J. Crew Perfect Fit Long Sleeve T-Shirt [Also seen HERE] | sz XXS • Joe's Skinny Ankle Jeans | sz 25P • Sperry's Ankle Boots [Also seen HERE and HERE] | sz 5